Cereals used for human consumption belong to the grass family and are seeds of matured plants, in which nature has stored the elements for germination and growth of germs like starch, fat, protein, organic mineral salts and vitamins.
Cereals have provided unlimited health benefits of Cereals to mankind as a staple food in our diet.
Health Benefits Of Cereals :
- Diabetes and Glycemic index are closely linked. Whole cereal food which are slowly digested, low glycemic index and high in soluble fiber helps prevent non insulin dependant diabetes.
- Cereals are naturally low in fat and with high fibers are less energy dense. Hence consumption of cereals, mainly sprouted cereals help in weight loss.
- The fiber content in cereals decreases the speed of glucose secretion from food, thereby maintaining sugar levels in the blood.
- Your food will be more nutritious if you add the pulses to the cereals. Pulses have good quantity of lysine but low at methionine, to the next side cereals are rich in methionine.
- The whole cereals like bran and per carp contains cellulose, pectin and hemicellulose which are the major blockers of the constipation problem.
- Cereals products reduce the chances of breast cancer.
- Cereals are probably the greatest source of energy for humans. Providing almost 30% of total calories in a regular diet.