Brain health is one of the hottest health topic these days. Increasing number of memory disorders or Alzheimer diseases would be the major cause of deteriorating brain health. Take a look at some smart eating tips and brain exercises for healthy and sharp brain.
Diet Tips for promoting brain health range from the following:
- Eat a diet lower in cholesterol, saturated fat, sugar, and salt.
- Consume a diet high in dietary fiber (for example oats and beans), fruits, vegetables, whole grain products (such as whole wheat bread and pasta brown rice), other complex carbohydrates, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Eat antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruit, which contain Vitamin E and beta-carotene.
- Vitamin-E-rich foods include blueberries, cranberries, grapes, fresh apples (particularly the skins of red apples), papaya, leafy green vegetables, onions, legumes, nuts, seeds, and whole grain products.
- Beta-carotene-rich foods include dark orange, red, and green fruits and vegetables.
- Eat plenty of omega-3 essential fatty acids. These beneficial fats are located in salmon, lake trout, sardines, mackerel, albacore tuna, and herring plus flax oil and spinach.
- Limit your alcohol consumption.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- If you’re a smoker, quit smoking.
Exercise Tips for promoting brain health range from the following:
Exercise is not only essential for body but for brain also. Zinc heightens your heart beats within turn enables blood to flow properly in the body. In this way brain has got the proper energy and oxygen that is important for good memory power. It is crucial to keep three things in your mind in order to keep your brain healthy and fit. Take correct brain diet, take proper rest and do regular exercises. As healthy is a sign of sharp brain. Here are a few of the tips which can help in enhancing mental ability take a look-
- Memory games
- Crossword puzzle, this helps in boosting your memory power. Playing memory games or puzzles could be a good source of brain enhancement.
- Number puzzle, you’ll find them on various websites, newspapers or magazines. In not just increases memory but reasoning skills to.
- Attempt to learn something new, new and fascinating thinks increases concentration.
- Vocabulary, attempt to learn a new word every single day to make your vocabulary strong. Test out your memory daily by revising these words.