We all know that physical activity is good for our health but the fact that it can enhance your quality of life and help you live longer makes regular physical activity even more critical. Below are our top reasons to exercise:
Feel Your Best: physical activity signals the release of feel good chemicals that enhance mood and help prevent and manage depression.
Boost Energy: physical activity helps deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues, builds strength and stamina and keeps your heart and lungs healthy. This makes everyday tasks seem easier and more enjoyable.
Fight Disease: staying fit can help you prevent or manage heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis and certain types of cancer.
Manage Weight: physical activity burns calories and the more you do, and the more intense the activity, the more calories you burn. You don’t have to set aside a big chunk of time to meet your physical activity needs – squeeze in 10 minute bouts whenever you can. It all adds up! And don’t forget to resistance train to maintain strength, muscle mass and a healthy metabolism as you age.
Get more ZZZs: regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and get into a deeper state of sleep. Remember to maintain good sleep hygiene and avoid exercising or doing anything too stimulating right before bed.
Regular physical activity has amazing benefits. Here are just a few:
1. Physical activity helps you live longer and prevent many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal blood lipid (cholesterol and triglyceride) profile, stroke, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and colon and breast cancers.
2. Physical activity improves cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness.
3. Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily (or eat more without gaining weight).
4. Physical activity helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and improve your mood.
5. Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
6. Physical activity helps with digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
7. Physical activity increases bone density.
8. Physical activity helps you age more gracefully by maintaining your looks and your agility.
9. Physical activity improves sleep quality.
10. Physical activity improves your overall quality of life.