Lips are the most strikingly beautiful element of your face after eyes. It is absolutely necessary to take care of your lips to maintain its beauty. It is a fact that some medicines or cosmetics can minimize or cover the imperfections, but natural remedies can perform wonders.
Pink or red lips are sign of healthy and beautiful and attractive lips. Today women enhance the beauty of their lips with the use of different cosmetics like lipstick, lip-gloss and lip balms. Too much use of cosmetic products should be avoided as they contain several harmful chemicals, though there are several herbal based lipsticks available. However it is suggested that not too much cosmetic or lipstick should not be applied and if applied it must be completely removed and the lips must be cleansed and nourished. In my previous posts I have mentioned that to look beautiful you must maintain a healthy life and diet. Have lots of water, fresh green vegetables and fruits.
Here are some natural remedies can be followed to keep those lips beautiful and healthy.
Saliva makes your lips even drier so avoid licking lips instead apply generous amount of Vaseline and crushed sugar or a mixture of almond oil and honey regularly, especially before going to bed. This makes the lips very soft and prevents them from drying and flaking. Treat your lips with a herbal lip balm before applying any lipstick.
There maybe 3 causes for darkening of lips:
- Smoking should be avoided and to get back the natural color of your lips, apply glycerin and lemon juice regularly to get results.
- Uses of certain brands of lipstick. Change the brand of lipstick you use immediately after you notice any discoloration of lips. Or completely avoid using any lipstick for some time. Apply toothpaste on your lips and leave it on for ten minutes before you wash off. That can help lighten the tone to a certain extent.
- Biological problems. You should have proper intake of water and vegetables and if you still find your lips are getting darker it may be due to some internal problems. Consult your physician and get yourself treated.
- Ginger juice mixed with egg yolk are a good remedy to treat pale lips. Apply it for ten minutes and wash off.
- To keep your lips supple and red use tomato slices. Rub gently for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Make a paste of two tea spoon of coco butter and half tea spoon of heated wax, after the mixture cools down apply on the lips very softly and leave it for the entire night. If this is followed regularly you can have healthy pink lips.
- Apply a mixture of white butter and saffron. It can do wonders in regaining the color of your lips.
- Crush some rose petals and add a tint of ghee to it, this can make your lips pink and glowing. You will love the lingering aroma also.
- If you find your lips are drying, keep a lip balm or gel. It will be handy. Apply it at regular intervals to avoid chapped lips.
- Even if you already have luscious pink lips you should always take out time to exfoliate and moisturize them. Nothing can be better than night massage! On a regular basis massage your lips with almond oil and honey or a mixture of olive oil and Vaseline. This makes your lips stay healthy all the while adding a dash of pink to it.